Guild of Linguists

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Feedback > Add posting features?

Ainia

Shorah Kath,

Sorry I missed this forum category (I just posted a comment on your member page). So I'm repeating myself here :roll:

Firstly, the post editing icons don't show in the Safari browser, which means that I must use Firefox to create or reply to a post here. However, FF for Mac has been badly broken for several versions now and it doesn't look like Mozilla is interested in fixing this anytime soon. So I am wondering if there is a Safari-compatible version of this software available??

Secondly, the editing icons don't allow for spoilering things, which makes posting images a bit problematic. I have a bunch of images I'd like to post here but would rather not create enormous posts composed mostly of pictures. Spoilering them would be a "good housekeeping" option for this.

And thirdly, there is no option for previewing a post before submitting it, which means that I can't check my links until after submitting. And at that point, I have a pretty short timeout to go back and troubleshoot the links (10 minutes).

Let me know if any of these issues are fixable! :)

--

April 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KathTheDragon
Site Owner

I'll look into it for ya.

--

Moula KI: 00005310
DI KI: 00205116
deviantART: kathaveara
tumblr: kaththedragon

Grand Master of the Guild of Linguists

April 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KathTheDragon
Site Owner

Ok, I have a solution that is more permanent than I would like. At the moment, your best bet would be to upload the images somewhere, and link to them. I've included a pictures page on the site, but it's not the best solution. I can't easily add spoiler tags directly, since I have no way to actually embed custom HTML into the forum.

I'll keep looking into it, though. :(

--

April 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ainia
Shorah Kath, Thanks for looking into this. I take it that the software doesn't use BB-type (bulletin-board) protocols then? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask the Webs.com folks about this (maybe there's an add-in or something similar?). The spoiler and preview tags are pretty standard on forums, so I would think they must get other requests for those functions. Oh well... In the meanwhile, I'll look at your pictures page and see about using that.
--

April 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KathTheDragon
Site Owner

They got their first request that I found a few years ago. Still bothing. And I really don't know whether or not BBCode works on here. There's is nothing saying 'place BBCode here!'

--

April 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.